Senior Development Coordinator
- Train staff in using SAP to complete reimbursement requests.
- Process and submit Amex statement for approval.
- Make deposits to various bank accounts.
- Enter invoices, transfers, and deposits into Quickbooks and SAP.
- Monitor level of funds in checkbook vs. JHU general ledgers to maintain “flush” balance with JHU.
- Input Accounts Payable/Receivable data into AICGS software to provide an up-to-date and complete picture of where the Institute stands.
- Prepare reimbursements for visiting fellows.
- Reconcile monthly JHU statements:
- Enter deposits to JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook.
- Pay bills in QB and run journal entries and balance transactions to JHU statements.
- Enter monthly transaction amounts to JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook.
- Reconcile JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook and verify JHU statements and this workbook balance each month using downloaded balances from JHU.
- Maintain JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook, adding new worksheet tabs each quarter and making sure they balance with QB.
- Provide accounting for all grants/projects per grant specifications, and as requested by Institute staff.
- Enter gifts to database, Gifts Received.
- Reconcile QB and Neon donations.
- Liaise with JHU Accounts Payable and other JHU finance personnel to resolve problems or errors.
- Attend classes at JHU in order to work effectively on JHU SAP system, and understand current JHU financial policy.
- Maintain records to conform to GAAP procedures.
- Write budgets for proposals, as needed.
- Compile grant accountings.
- Ensure projects are on-budget and funds are available for events.
- Take the lead in coordinating logistical details of annual Global Leadership Award Dinner (GLAD) to include coordinating design for event and marketing materials:
- Coordinating publicity efforts on behalf of GLAD.
- Assisting with cash flow projections, creating GLAD website, determining procedures for disseminating invitations; update website as prospects are won.
- Email supporters about logos and ads; assist with on-site event coordination, to include selecting menus, décor, entertainment, music, design.
- Oversee general correspondence, filing, records and data entry.
- Conduct event follow-up.
- Assist with all aspects of fundraising for AICGS.
- Assist in coordinating other AICGS fundraising events and/or programs.
- Prepare invoices for donors as requested; oversee general correspondence, filing, records, and data entry.
- Assume primary responsibility for keeping Development section of AICGS website up to date.
- Edit campaign emails; set up email campaign in data base; send email blasts.
- Enter and maintain prospect information related to development campaigns into Neon, and become familiar with generating prospect reports.
- Conduct research on potential individual donors and corporations.
- Assist with developing strategies to cultivate donor relationships and seek innovative ways to keep donors engaged.
- Conduct research on potential corporate, foundation, or individual donors.
- Assist in coordinating AICGS Internship Program and select Development interns.
- Supervise Development interns and coordinate their schedule and tasks.
- Provide orientation, training, and support for new interns.
- Assist Communications Officer in developing a social media strategy for the Giving Tuesday campaign and any other Development Campaign.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Five years related administrative experience required, with one year experience in a Development office preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Learn More and Apply
Support the insights you need into the German-American relationship.
Support Our Work